The 5th annual Ards colloquium ‘Current research in medieval and renaissance sculpture:
The function of medieval sculpture and its relation to formal design and colour will be held in the Museum Catharijneconvent in Utrecht on November 15th and 16th 2018.
This year we have launched a call for papers and invited all researchers and curators working specifically on topics related to the function of medieval and renaissance sculpture, and the ways in which this influences the way these sculptures have been designed or executed, and vice versa to submit papers.
The programme for the conference has been finalized and can be consulted via pdf. Programme and timetable can be subject to change.
Registration for the conference is now open. Participation to the Scholar’s Days and entrance to the Catharijneconvent is free of charge for all registered attendants and speakers.
>Registration deadline: Friday November 9th.
Ards is organising a conference dinner on Thursday nov. 15th at a location to be confirmed. Speakers can attend for free, other participants can join us for a fee of max. 40 euro (3-Course meal). Please specify if you wish to attend on the google form.
Travel and Lodging
Travel and Lodging arrangement must be made by the speakers and participants themselves and at their own expense. For lodging we recommend the following hotels and B&B's in Utrecht:
- Courthotel: https://www.courthotel.nl/ , nearby the museum
- NH hotel https://www.nh-hotels.nl/hotel/nh-centre-utrecht in the city centre and there is one near the station as well.
- Maliehotel http://www.maliehotel.nl/
- B&B Gregorius http://www.bbgregorius.nl/
- B&B Sonnehoeck 16 http://www.bbsonnehoeck16.nl/Home.html
- B&B Sionskameren http://www.sionskameren.nl/nl/home/ (from 2 nights)
or via http://benb-utrecht.nl/
Questions or more information? Please contact email@example.com